As you get ready to decorate the inside and outside of your house with xmas ornaments, candles, trees, wreaths and holly for Christmas, you are probably searching your attic or stores for strings of traditional incandescent lights.
While these lights have been used for many years and provide the perfect soft yellow and white light, there are other options of indoor and outdoor string lights that can be cheaper, more environmentally friendly, and even more attractive. If you are looking to save money and energy this holiday season you may want to consider purchasing either solar string lights or LED lights for Christmas.
LEDs, or light emitting diodes, have become a popular choice of lighting for a wide variety of devices including, automotive lighting, aviation lighting, traffic signal lighting, and even general home lighting. However, most recently LED lights have become extremely prevalent during the holiday season. LED Christmas tree lights are a great choice for decorating your tree and home this season.
- LED lights are very similar to incandescent string lights, however they use a tenth of the amount of energy and power, are cheaper, and ultimately last longer than other traditional Christmas lights.
- One of the major hassles of stringing Christmas lights inside or outside your home is when a string of lights does not work because a bulb is broken, burned out or missing.
- Having to search for the one bulb that needs to be replaced can be aggravating and take a lot of time, however LED lights do not have this problem.
- LED Christmas light bulbs are more reliable than other types of bulbs and will not break as easily.
- Moreover, because this LED lighting is used for many applications such as automobile lights and traffic lights, it is important for the lights to last a long time without burning out.
- This technology is ideal for outdoor LED lights as they burn brighter and last longer than incandescent Christmas lights.
Searching online is also a great way to get decorating ideas for Christmas and find unique ways to hang your new LED lights.
Because these Christmas lights are only used at night and for a few weeks during the year, these LED lights will last even longer and are a great investment.
A quick trip to your local mall, department store, or home improvement store can give you an idea of the cost of LED string lights. These lights are a little more expensive to manufacture than incandescent Christmas lights because they are more environmentally friendly, however they are typically sold at a price competitive with alternative Christmas lights. If you want to buy new lights to string in your house or mix with outdoor Christmas decorations, you can always search the stores in your town, or even online, for a Xmas lights sale. This can allow you to purchase higher quality lights at a much lower price.
- Stores have also started selling these decorations for Christmas in many different colors.
- If you want to make your yard into a cheerful winter wonderland you can purchase blue LED xmas lights to complement the customary white lights.
- If you have no specific theme to your outdoor Christmas house decorations you can adorn your home with color changing LED Christmas lights to create a beautiful multi-colored display.
- LED Christmas lights also come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. You can purchase these in the traditional small bulbs, or in more trendy larger circular bulbs.
- One important quality of LED lighting that some consumers do not like is that the older white LED Christmas lights emit a more intense bluish color, rather than softer yellows and reds.
- While this more intense light can be ideal for outdoor use, it can appear harsh when used inside the home.
- However, over the years this negative quality has been addressed and features have been added to these Christmas lights to allow you to dim them or make them brighter.
LED artificial Christmas trees are perfect for a busy person who does not have a lot of free time to spend decorating! These fake trees have built in LED string lights in an icicle form. House lights also come icicle to hang along the edges of your roof. They are also made into snowflake lights that you can hang in your trees to create the illusion of falling snow.
LED lights are not only great for decorating the exterior of homes, but they are also perfect for ornamenting the interior of homes, especially lighting Christmas trees. Some stores even sell artificial Christmas trees that are pre-lit with LED lights. These LED Christmas trees come pre-assembled and do not require much effort to install in your home; in addition, you do not need to deal with the hassle of cleaning up fallen pine needles, scraping sap off your floors and carpet, or worrying about insects and bugs crawling in the tree like you would if you bought a natural pine tree.