Large and small deck ideas offer a variety of options for design, ranging from simple single layer patios to more elaborate two story porches.
Deck flooring is one of the most versatile components of any outdoor living space. This is because there are so many different kinds of deck designs that you can choose from. In addition to design plans, the materials you can use to construct your deck are limitless. Timber decking ideas can be used to create a natural wood sanctuary in your back yard.
On the other hand, composite decking can help to obtain the natural wood look at less cost and lower maintenance. No matter what design you choose, your deck will likely become an outdoor oasis for you in which you can spend much of your time in with friends and family. Because it will be used often, it is important to choose the right material beyond just the right wood for decks.
- This article discusses different types of deck floor that you can incorporate into your style to ensure the creation of a beautiful, sturdy outdoor living space.
- One of the best types of natural woods to use for your deck floor is cedar decking.
- Cedar is great for timber deck flooring because it is very sturdy and has natural resistance to damage and decay so it will last longer than other types of natural woods.
- Designing your deck floor plans is very important because the layout of your deck will determine the amount of furniture you can put on it and the activities you can do.
- Many homeowners choose to serve meals and entertain guests on their deck so if you plan on doing this, make sure to pick sturdy outdoor patio flooring.
- There are various types of flooring materials that you can choose from to build your deck ranging from natural wood to engineered hardwood flooring.
Another great wood to use for flooring is redwood. Red wood flooring ideas sometimes preferred over cedar because it keeps its dark color longer. This type of wood is also naturally resistant to decay to it is very durable and long lasting. However, if you prefer a natural wood that is very durable and can last you decades upon decades, your best bet is constructing and IPE wood deck. IPE decking is the best tropical hardwood flooring you can use on your deck.
Pressure treated wood is also a popular material for deck flooring because the natural wood is preserved by chemicals to help it last longer and avoid damage and decay. While the cost for wood floors is cheaper, they are also very durable and work well for decking, require little maintenance but start to fade after several years.
It is made from Brazilian walnut and is so durable and water resistant that it is often used to build docks and boardwalks. This material can last up to 100 years or more and will provide you with a long lasting deck floor, but not without a price. The downside to building with IPE wood material is the cost of hardwood flooring. Although IPE is long lasting it is very expensive, much more so than any other natural wood.
If you are just looking to spruce up your deck floor a little without too much work, then you should consider using deck flooring tiles. This type of flooring is great to use on decks because it is sturdy and requires little maintenance. If you would like to construct your deck floor out of sturdy, durable material at a lower price, consider using composite deck flooring. Composite decking is made from a combination of plastics and wood fibers that help it to be durable and weather resistant.
Interlocking deck floor tiles are the perfect option for a quick touch up to your floor because they are easy to install. These outdoor flooring tiles have connecting tabs built into them so that they form interlocking tiles that connect to each other to stay in place. Not only are they easy to install, but wood flooring tiles are not permanent. The tiles create a type of floating surface that ensures that the tiles do not destroy your already existing deck.
This allows you to set them up quickly and change them easily if you decide you want to redesign your deck. Not only are they easy to install and remove, but deck tiles are also less expensive than the any other hard wood timber decking. So if you want to remodel your deck in a cheap and easy way, you should consider installing deck tiles on top of your existing deck or patio.