There are many different types of carpet flooring ideas & options ranging from wall to wall carpeting to simple area rugs placed on top of hardwood floors.
- Choosing the right type of carpet designs for flooring in your home is important because a good floor can make or break a room.
- The best carpeting will enhance the look of the room and make it more inviting and enjoyable to spend time in.
- One of the most popular types of floors used in homes and apartments today is carpet flooring.
- A carpet floor is great for almost any room in the house because it adds a cozy soft surface to the space.
- Soft, plush carpets are not only comfortable and inviting, but they also reduce the echo of sound throughout the room, making the house quieter.
- There are many different kinds of carpet flooring ideas to choose from because of the vast amount of styles, colors, and patterns to choose from.
- This article focuses on carpet design ideas to help the DIY homeowner choose the right type of carpet for their home.
Wall to wall carpeting has a big impact on the feel and style of the room because it covers such a large area. As a result, it is important to choose colors and carpet patterns that don’t overwhelm the room. Wall to wall carpet ideas for small rooms should use light colors and few patters to open up the room. White, yellows, greens, and blues will reflect light, both artificial and natural, brightening the room and making it feel larger.
These colors are also good choices for large room designs to create the illusion or even more space. Darker colored carpets will not open a room up as well as the lighter ones, however they add a nice cozy feel to the area. Red and browns are popular colors to use if you are looking for a dark colored carpet because they add a nice glow to the room when light is reflected off of them. If you are choosing to carpet your entire room, try not to pick colors that match your furniture (bed comforter, couch, etc) exactly.
Exact matches will take away from the beauty of the room so try to pick a color that is at least a shade darker or lighter to enhance the design of the room.
Another thing to consider when picking out your wall to wall carpet floor covering is the design. Carpet with design patterns add a nice decor to a room, however, these are best suited for area rugs that are used to add a touch of style.
- Wall to wall carpets with elaborate patterns can be overwhelming and overpower the design of the room.
- On the other hand, simple patterns in your carpet designs paired with plain, solid colored bedding or furniture can add a nice look to your room.
- Area rugs are another option for carpeting for your home that is easy to install and less expensive than wall to wall carpets.
- Area rugs are small or large carpets that can be added to any room, wood, tile, concrete, or carpet, to add a touch of decor to the area.
- These rugs require no installation except to be rolled out and placed in the desired area of the room.
- Large area rugs are a great option for diy bedroom carpet because they add a small touch of design and color without overwhelming the room.
- Large area rugs can be placed under the bed to add a nice pattern encompassing the area and shielding your feet from cold wood floors.
Large rugs are also great for the center of living rooms or dining rooms to add color and style to any area of the house. Several types of carpeted area rugs can also be commonly used to decorate a beautiful small room design layout. They are perfect for by the front or back door to not only add some color to the room, but also function as a door mat. Small area rugs are also perfect for bedrooms with wood floors to be placed at the foot of the bed or in front of dressers, giving you something warm to stand on while getting ready for work in the morning.
After choosing the type, design and size of your carpet the next step is to install it. How to carpet a room depends on the type that you choose and how big the area is. Area rugs, whether big or small are the easiest and a popular cheap flooring option to install because they just need to be rolled out and placed in the desired spot wall to wall carpeting, however, can get a little more complex. Installing carpet that encompasses the whole room is a task that is best left to professionals. The carpet must be stapled to the floor boards along the perimeter of the room and hiring a professional will prevent you from damaging your existing floor.
In addition, if you are installing carpeting in your entire house, professionals easily take on tasks like how to carpet stairs and small hard to reach areas that DIY homeowners may not be able to complete. The cost of carpet installation will depend on the type of carpet you use and whether or not you choose to enlist the help of a professional. If you are looking to save money and install the carpeting yourself, carpet tiles for a floor are your best option.
This type of flooring is carpets that come in square tiles that are laid down and attached to the floor with adhesive.
Carpet tile installation is much easier than other types because instead of stapling it to the floor an adhesive is used to stick them in place. Another benefit of carpet tile is that one can be replaced if there is a spill or stain. For wall to wall flooring, the cost of carpet installation will be more expensive because this job is best done by a professional. Carpeting can cost anywhere from 8-45 dollars per square foot depending on the type you choose. The size of your room will determine the overall cost for not only the carpet but the installation. Professionals charge based on the size and shape of the room, however their prices vary from place to place. To determine how much to install a carpet you should contact your local home improvement store to get an estimate. It is best to search around to find the best price option for you.