No matter the material you decide for your flooring, there are many garage design ideas to choose from to help you create your ideal space.A garage can have many functions, it can be a place to put the car to keep it safe from outdoor weather hazards or break-ins.
The garage is also a place to store items that do not fit in the house, it can be a workspace where you can escape to build things such as shelves for the house, fix broken items, repair and reconstruct an old car, build model airplanes, and man cave designs.
A garage can be so much more than a place to park the car or store excess items it can be a man’s dream workshop and place to escape on the weekends and immerse himself in a project to relax.
- The best flooring ideas can be more than the simple, drab, grey concrete floors that are made upon building.
- Whatever the function of your garage, an important factor to consider when designing or remodeling is the flooring.
- You can choose to have numerous different types of floors in your garage that range from carpeting, mats, tiles, or even rubber.
- The first thing you will want to do before installing any type of flooring in your garage is to repair any cracks or damages in the concrete.
- This can be done by simply filling in the cracks in the foundation and applying a waterproofing paint to the surface to prevent from any water damage.
- After the floors of your garage have been repaired you can choose the design for your flooring.
- The most common type of floor in a garage is concrete flooring as this is the type of floors that are created when the house was built and easiest to install.
- While concrete floors may be the most common flooring for garages it is not always the prettiest.
- Concrete is a drab grey color that is not very appealing to the eyes, but installing new floors can be expensive.
- However, it is possible to make your existing concrete floors look even better at a low cost.
- One of the most simple resolutions to finding cheap flooring options is to paint the existing concrete.
- Painting garage floors can be a simple weekend task for the do-it-yourselfer that loves doing home projects.
You can buy garage floor paint from your local home improvement store and it comes in a variety of different colors for you to choose from. Paint for garage floors are often made of an epoxy or rustoleum paint base that can also be used on driveway design plans, pool areas, and patios. This type of paint is an epoxy-based paint that acts as a water seal to the concrete.
Garage epoxy flooring is great because it creates a waterproof surface that makes it easy to clean up any dirt or spills.
If you're not exactly sure on how to paint garage floor, you can consult someone at a home improvement store on the best methods and types of paint to use. You can also do a quick online search for tutorials that give step by step guides on how to apply your garage floor coatings. Because of the wide variety of colors of floor paint that are available you can choose any color scheme for your garage. If you wish to have a more elegant floor than a simple white color, there are paint options available that can create the look of stone, marble, leather, or tile flooring.
If you would prefer a garage floor covering over paint, there are many options available.
One idea for the flooring is garage floor tiles
Nowadays there are many options for tile flooring to put in your garage, you don’t only have to choose from ceramic tiles.
- There are new floor tiles called flexi PVC tiles that are made of PVC plastic that provide strength and durability to the floors.
- They come in many designs and colors and can even mimic wood flooring.
- These tiles can add a unique look to your garage while also withstanding pressure and spills without breaking or getting damaged.
- Another option for your garage is vinyl flooring this type of floor is also durable and very easy to install.
- The vinyl comes in interlocking floor tiles that make installation quick and easy allowing you to complete your garage floor renovation in one day.
- An additional option to cover the floor of your garage is rubber flooring.
- This type of floor system can come in either rubber tiles or mats.
- You can easily create a completely new looking garage in just one weekend.
The tiles are very easy to install in that they attach to your existing patio concrete floors by adhesive glue that is applied to the bottom of the tiles. The only downside to these rubber floor tiles is that the concrete needs to be scrubbed and degreased in order for the tiles to adhere properly. This is where rubber garage floor covers like mats and rugs come in handy these are interlocking mats that are pieced together on top of the existing concrete flooring design. They do not require to be glued down and thus can simple be placed on top of the current floor. Whether you use interlocking tiles or mats when installing rubber floors, these are extremely durable and can withstand all kinds of spills. This strength makes rubber a good choice when installing new garage floors.
When it comes to choosing the best garage flooring options, it is all a matter of how you want your floors to look. If you are on a budget, the simplest and least expensive option would be to paint or stain your existing concrete floors. However, if you have a higher budget you may wish to look into installing floors made out of tile, vinyl, or even rubber.