Home garden ideas are a great way to add a touch of color and style to your yard or patio. There are many different types of gardens that you can choose from include traditional vegetable or flower gardens as well as more exotic japanese water gardens.
- In addition to the plethora of plants that you can grow in your garden, there are many different styles.
- Gardens can be grown on simple plots of land or flower beds around your house, deck, or in the middle of your yard.
- Flower beds are best for larger gardens because they offer more space to grow.
- There is also the option of using a raised bed garden layout instead.
- Raised bed gardens are planted in large sandbox like planters that can be built at varying heights.
- These types of gardens are best for homeowners who do not want to crouch down to take care of their plants.
- Other options for gardening are using planting containers.
- This article discusses the use of garden planters in landscaping decor.
Plant containers for a garden are any type of pot or planter that is used to grow flowers, vegetables, shrubs or trees. There are many different kinds of outdoor planters that can be used to grow flora and they vary in shape, size, and material. Plastic planters and pots are most commonly used for container gardening because they are light weight and inexpensive.
Plastic garden planters come in a variety of colors and styles and can be bought to match any style decor.
Large plastic planters are perfect for growing vegetables, herbs, small trees and bushes while small ones are better for flowers. In addition to its low cost and light weight, plastic is a durable material that is well insulated, helping your plants to stay healthy in cooler weather. The downside to plastic is its lack of drainage. Plastic planters are not porous so they do not drain well, holding in a lot of moisture. Too much moister can cause your plants to be more vulnerable to mold so you have to be careful when cultivating them.
Plastic is best for herb garden planters because this material is light weight and can be moved around according to where the sun is or easily brought inside when the weather gets cold, protecting your plants. Another option for garden planters is clay. Clay flower pots are a great choice because they are made from a hard, durable material that comes in many colors and sizes.
Clay planters tend to be more decorative than plastic and they drain better, making them the superior option. Garden urns and planters are usually made from clay because it is the most durable material and heavy enough to support the tall build of urns. In addition, clay is the best choice for large flower pots because they are heavy enough to prevent the plants from falling over. Large garden planters that are made from clay make the best homes for small trees and bushes because they have enough from for the plants to grow and are sturdy enough to hold their weight.
- Another type of material you can use for garden containers is wood.
- Wooden planter boxes are great for gardening because they are durable, drain well, and are also beautiful additions to any home or yard.
- Wood can be used to surround a garden or it can be used to hold plants. Wood planters are great for use outdoors because, with the proper type of wood, they can withstand wind, rain, and sun shine as well as hold up against insects.
- Wood garden planter boxes can take on any size and shape and are great for use as hanging pots for windowsills.
- Most window box planters are made of wood, and they can be painted or stained to match any color house.
- Wood is often used to construct planters for raised gardens.
- Raised garden planters are sandbox like containers that are made of wood and built to hold various types of plants and vegetation.
- Raised gardens can be built at any height and help to make vegetable gardening simple by bringing the plants up to an easier to reach level.
While most patio planters typically house flowers or herbs, vegetables can be planted in them too. Container gardens are usually filled with flowers and arranged in decorative patters on patios or in yards to add color and style to the area. However, these types of gardens do not need to only house decorative flowers; they can also be great for vegetable gardens.
Containers are actually a great choice for homeowners that want to grow vegetables but do not want to have to deal with the hassle of over growing vegetation taking over the other plants spaces.
A vegetable garden planter should be large enough for the plant to prosper in and sturdy enough to support its weight. Plats such as tomatoes, that grow on vines and spread out should be put in larger, heavier pots such as clay to prevent them from falling over. Pairing colorful vegetables with bright flowers from the garden can turn your yard or patio into a beautiful garden that all your neighbors will admire.