When landscaping a front yard or backyard, many homeowners choose to incorporate a garden.
There are many different types of gardens to plant in your yards ranging from simple flower gardens to more exotic Japanese styled water gardens. Garden ornaments and accessories can be used to add style and flair to the area, whether you plant a few simple flowers or design and elaborate landscape. One of the most common types of garden ornaments used to decorate landscapes is statues.
This article discusses garden statues and how DIY homeowners can incorporate them into their landscaping. Garden sculptures and statues are lawn ornaments that are shaped into a variety of different objects and placed outside to decorate areas the landscape. Adding yard statues to your landscape enhance the gardens visual appeal and turn a drab are into a masterpiece. There are a variety of different types of statues and sculptures to choose from including plant sculptures, stone statues, fountains and other types of lawn art.
- One of the easiest types of diy home garden sculptures to incorporate into your yard is a plant sculpture.
- Plant sculptures are made from shrubs, small trees, or evergreens that are cut to make different designs.
- These types of lawn decorations are best for homeowners who are designing a garden on a budget.
- Sculptures can be made out of any existing shrubs or evergreen trees in your yard and can be sculpted into a variety of different shapes including animals and people.
- Plant sculptures are an easy diy project because there are wire stencils that can be placed on your plants to provide guidelines for cutting.
- Plant sculptures will have to be trimmed every few months to keep up with the growth, however they are very easy to maintain.
- Some of the most popular outdoor lawn and garden decorations include fountains, concrete or stone statues and stones.
- Fountains are a great addition to any landscaping because of the variety of design options you have with them.
- They can be small, simple birdbaths or more elaborate multi-tiered pieces set up in your yard.
Garden fountains are usually simple structures that are placed in the yard as an accessory to your garden or birdbath. Fountains can also be incorporated into small ponds in your garden or landscape, adding aesthetic appeal as well as the soothing sound of flowing water to your yard. If you have a pond building into your landscape or garden, stones are another great addition.
A beautifully designed landscape with garden stones can be used to create a pathway between different areas of the yard or placed around ponds and fountains to create a barrier between them and the rest of the yard.
In addition, stones can be placed inside the ponds or fountains to create a more natural looking piece. You can find many pictures of garden statues and other lawn ornaments online to help you determine what type of piece you would like for your home. Garden statue photos will give you ideas on the style of the sculpture and help you decide what material to use as well as if you would like an inanimate object or a sculpture of an animal or person.
- When choosing the material to use for your statue there are a few things to consider.
- Strength, cost and weather resistance are important aspects to consider when purchasing a statue.
- Concrete garden statues are great because they are durable and weatherproof, ensuring that they will last for a long time even in the harshest weather.
- In addition, concrete is heavy so you do not have to worry about it being blown away or moved easily.
- The downside is that concrete can be more expensive than other options, however, its strength is worth the money.
- Stone garden statues are another option for materials.
- Stone is very similar to concrete, however, it must be sculpted into a shape rather than poured and a mold.
- As a result, stone tends to be more expensive than concrete, however just as durable and long lasting.
- After determine the type of material you wish to use your next step in decorating your garden is to choose the design of your statue.
You can choose from simple designs such as spheres, squares or other plain objects as well as more unique lawn and garden statues such as those that resemble animals or people. Simple objects such as spheres, squares, and other shaped objects are popular for homeowners who prefer a more modern style. Modern styles like to stay simple with clean lines and edges, so plain statues are best used to achieve this look.
For those homeowners who prefer a more exotic look you can use outdoor animal garden statues to decorate your landscape. Garden dog statues are common among dog lovers and add a cute touch to your yard. Buddha statues are commonly used to decorate your backyard luxury style and are best used in oriental styled landscapes such as with a Japanese garden design. Popular styles and trends are always changing throughout the years, however the best garden statue ideas for 2016 will incorporate simple structures into beautifully styled landscapes.