The kitchen is one of the most used rooms in the house and acts as a place to entertain guests and enjoy delicious home cooked meals.
Because this is the busiest room in the house, it is important to design your kitchen in a way that is both functional and stylish. One of the most important aspects of any kitchen design is the cabinets because they are the first thing people will see when they walk in the room and take up a large portion of space. Whether you’re remodeling or building from scratch, your cabinet styles should reflect your homes personality while also focusing on functionality. There are a variety of different style, color, and layout design options to choose from when renovating your kitchen cabinets. This surplus of style choices may seem overwhelming at first, however, we provide you with a large collection of the best kitchen cabinet design ideas and plans that can help any homeowner create their dream space. Continue reading to find the most popular design schemes and pictures of kitchen cabinets to match any styled home.
- The first thing to consider when choosing your kitchen cabinet design ideas is the layout as it should be chosen based on your individual needs and preferences.
- Consider how much storage space you will need and the types of shelving and accessories you desire for stowing food and kitchen utensils.
- A lazy susan is great for corner kitchen cabinet ideas because it turns a hard to reach space into a functional cupboard with plenty of storage room.
- Specialized kitchen cabinet organizers can also be purchased that create the perfect area for spices, utensils, and cookware.
- Ikea reviews boast that these products provide excellent storage solutions at an affordable cost.
- Need help determining the right layout and plans for your kitchen, cabinet design software is a great tool to utilize.
- Kitchen cabinet design software reviews and downloads recommend these products to any homeowner because they provide you with layout examples, pictures, measurements, and plans that will help you create the perfect space for your dream home.
Once you have determined the functional aspects of your cabinetry and wood materials you will need, the next step is to choose the best kitchen cabinet colors. The design of your cabinetry will set the mood for the entire room and determine the overall style of your kitchen. For homeowners who prefer a minimalistic style, simple kitchen cabinet designs use plain finishes with flat doors with basic handles and knobs. Shaker style cabinets are one of the best options for those trying to create a light and simple design in their kitchen. When painted in white or off white, these cabinets create a beautiful look for a cottage styled kitchen. Other popular kitchen cabinet styles include those with a traditional, contemporary, or modern feel. When redesigning the kitchen with a traditional look, use wood cabinet doors with a carved out frame in the design. White paints or light stains are best for the traditional style because they enhance the look of the natural wood. For a more rustic look, consider using mission style cabinets that make use of the natural grains in the wood.
Shaker style cabinets are also great for modern kitchen designs which are based around a design that makes use of simplicity and sleek lines. Consider replacing kitchen cabinet doors with wood frames with glass inserts to create a smooth and stylish look. Dark stainsare popular choices for modern cabinets and can be enhanced by glass doors with stainless steel knobs and appliances. While it may seem like a small aspect in your simple kitchen designs, the color you choose for your kitchen cabinets will make or break the room. Cabinetry takes up to two thirds of your kitchen space, therefore, it is important to pick both a color and design that will create an elegant appearance. If you prefer to keep the natural look of the wood in your cabinets, consider using stain to color them. Unfinished oak cabinets look beautiful with a light stain preserving the grain textures. Paint, on the other hand, creates a smoother, more even finish for the area. In , the top paint colors for kitchens include off white, chocolate brown, and black.
- Another important aspect of your new kitchen design ideas is the handles, pulls and knobs you use on your cabinets.
- There are a variety of different cabinet pulls and handles to choose, including simple circular knobs or more elaborately styled knobs.
- Picking the right style of hardware can turn even the dullest kitchen cabinets into stunning focal points for the room.
- The most popular cabinet knobs and pulls include those with brushed nickel or iron finishes.
- For white kitchen cabinets, consider using darker colored knobs such as black or brown, as well as faded chrome.
- Lighter hardware tends to work best with darker stained woods, however, vibrant colored knobs such blues or reds will create a stylish accent for the whole room.
- Take a look at our photo gallery of the most popular kitchen cabinet designs to help spark a few ideas for your remodeling project.
- Keep in mind that both large and small kitchen renovation is not a cheap project, especially when replacing existing cabinets.
- New kitchen cabinet prices can be quite costly if you are starting from scratch, however, there are various tricks to use to save some money.
Before gutting your entire kitchen, take a look at your existing cabinets to see if they can be salvaged. Some of the top kitchen ideas make use of rustic styles and recycled cabinetry to create gorgeous styles and award winning designs for this space. If the base is in good shape, consider purchasing new kitchen cabinet doors to spruce up the area without spending a large amount of money. You can find cheap doors at home improvement stores, thrift shops, or online markets such as ebay. If your doors are in good shape but you are looking to change the color, consider refinishing the existing cabinets on your own. How to refinish kitchen cabinets yourself is easy, only requiring you to strip, sand and restain the surface. You can view our gallery of the most popular refacing kitchen cabinets before and after pictures to see how well this method works for changing the color, style, and design of the room. This method is ideal for homeowners on a budget because the refinishing cost is significantly cheaper than replacement cabinet doors or bases.