When it comes to the most popular kitchen design ideas in , there are many different aspects of the remodeling and decorating process.
First you need to pick a style or theme that you want your décor to follow. Next you need to pick a window valance color scheme; do you want neutral colors that will go with any multiple styles or do you want vibrant hues on your walls to show your eclectic taste? After that you need to determine what types of cabinets, counters, floors, appliances and window treatments you will install in your kitchen. Of all theses steps, picking your kitchen window treatments may be one of the easiest. You can choose to cover your kitchen windows with blinds made of wood, fabric, metal or plastic or you can create some privacy and elegance by hanging curtains. Curtains are very popular for use in the kitchen because they add a little bit more decoration tot his area and are also easy to clean, all you do is remove them throw them in the washer and put them back up. Plus when it comes to window curtains, you have many more options in terms of pattern, fabric, color, and size compared to other window treatments.
You choose from a wide variety of beautiful curtains from a store or even design and install your own custom window treatments in a kitchen. Regardless of whether you buy them or design them on your own, start searching for unique curtain ideas to match your kitchen paint colors, today so you can enjoy them in your home tomorrow. When it comes to choosing your kitchen curtains there are a few things that you need to decide before hanging them. First you need to determine the style of curtain that you would like to hang in your kitchen. You can choose from floor length curtains, shorter ones that reach to the bottom of the windowsill, drapes, valences and swags. The floor to ceiling design style is very characteristic of modern kitchen window curtains and is a great way to make the room appear bigger. You can use the same floor to ceiling curtains for sliding glass doors as you would for a window to again create the illusion of a taller ceiling. Kitchen valances and swags, on the other hand, does not reach the floor but rather consist of a short curtain that is hung at the top of the window with a second tier of fabric hung to cover the bottom half of the window.
These tier kitchen curtains cover the majority of the window, however leave a small space between the top valance and the bottom swag to allow light through.
- This type of curtain is popular for use in country and cottage designs, however you can incorporate it into many themes.
- You can also pair floor length curtains with valances to have more coverage and privacy.
- While this pairing is typical for traditional designs, they can also be paired together for a more contemporary or modern feel; plus you can use each of these elements separately.
- Whether you choose to pair them or use them separately, there are many different styles of contemporary kitchen curtains and valances that will match any décor.
Next you will want to make a decision on what type of fabric you want your kitchen curtains to be made of. Choosing the right curtain fabric is a very important step in the design process. Materials such as cotton are woven tightly together to create a thicker fabric that blocks out more light while polyester can be woven in a looser weave that creates a more sheer fabric that allows more light to pass through. Sheer curtains are ideal for small rooms because it allows more natural light to flow in and illuminate the space.
- They are also good for homes that overlook a fantastic view because the sheer fabric allows a little bit of privacy, but also allows you to see your view during the day.
- After choosing the material of the fabric you will want to pick a color and/or pattern.
- Curtains come in multiple shades of every color of the rainbow so you can easily pick a color that will work with your kitchen décor.
- You can also choose from a wide variety of different patterns however you will want to be careful with choosing patterns.
- If there are a lot of different patterns already incorporated, such as beautiful tiled floors and colorful kitchen backsplash tiles, you will want to choose a solid color or subtle pattern.
- Hanging curtains with a lot of different designs can be overwhelming and make your kitchen look unorganized.
- Bay windows are popular in kitchens, especially in areas such as the breakfast nook and dining area.
However, these windows come in many different sizes so it can be harder to purchase curtains that are the correct size. For this reason you may need to purchase custom made bay window curtains in order to ensure that they fit and look good in your kitchen.
The prices of these curtains can vary depending on the brand, style, pattern, and fabric; they can range anywhere between $10 and $60. Plus when you factor in the cost of curtain rods, rings, and other furnishings it can become even pricier. Therefore it can be beneficial too look for special sales so you can find curtains and window fixtures at a discounted price. Another great way to get cheap window curtains is by making them yourself. Curtains are relatively simple to make on your own, all you need is a sewing machine, fabric, and a curtain pattern! These supplies and materials can be found online, however the best kitchen curtain patterns and supplies will be found in craft and sewing stores. If you are not so handy with a sewing machine or needles and thread you can also get your curtains custom made. Many fabric and sewing stores have sewing experts who specialize in designing and making custom curtains and draperies for kitchens. These professionals can create a design for you or you can give them a design or pattern that you can up with yourself.