Are you looking to design a new kitchen, or even just renovate your existing kitchen?
Designing your dream kitchen can be fun and exciting. There are lots of ideas and styles that you can choose from; you can have a modern kitchen, contemporary kitchen, or many more. Don’t forget to include a kitchen island in the design for some added counter top space and seating. This article talks about many ideas for designing a kitchen island. Kitchen islands are free standing countertop ideas in the middle of a kitchen that offer more cabinet space as well as more counter top area to prepare meals on. They are very useful pieces to include in your kitchen, and can add character to the space.
- An island and table combo works well in small kitchen layouts as it offers more storage space in the cabinets for pots and pans or other kitchenware.
- Depending on the size of your kitchen, it may be very helpful to include a kitchen island.
- n a large U or L shaped kitchen, and island will work really well however if the kitchen is not very large then the island will simply clutter the room and make it harder to move around the kitchen easily.
- In a larger kitchen, an island will allow for less travel area between counters and make it easier to gather the necessary items to prepare a meal. In addition, the kitchen island countertops provides more space to prepare meals and store food.
Once you have your design layout planned, look to install kitchen island lighting above to fill the empty space above while showing off the countertop beauty. If you have a small kitchen, one option for and island is to have a portable butchers block that contains wheels so the island can be rolled around the kitchen for added counter space and then placed in the corner to be stored until it is used.
This can allow for the practicality and usefulness of an island in a small space while lighting the room with the most popular kitchen island designs. One idea for a kitchen island is to hold a cooktop or stove; this can open up other counter space in the rest of the kitchen and add a unique element to your kitchen. If you add a stove to your kitchen island you will want to make sure to include an overhead ventilation hood to remove the smoke and steam that is produced while cooking.
A kitchen island with a cooktop can add a unique look to the room, as well as be very practical. Space on the island can be save to allow room for cutting food, making less travel space to bring it onto the stove to cook. Another potential use for the island is to add a second sink; this can allow for extra space to clean dishes. If you add a second sink to the island, you may want to make the sink and kitchen island cabinets deep enough to hold pots and pans to be cleaned. With the addition of the second sink, some islands can also be outfitted with a dishwasher. The dishwasher attached in the island will allow for much easier and faster cleanup while cooking because the sink and dishwasher are very close to the food prep area. When adding a stove or sink to an island, be sure to keep enough kitchen countertop space on both sides of the island.
- This makes the island multi-functional with space for prepare food before being cooked on the stove or hold pots and pans before being placed in the sink to clean.
- A kitchen island can also function as an area to eat a meal, enjoy a few drinks with friends and preperation for a big feast, if the island is equipped with bar stools.
- By designing a sitting area into the island, you can add an area for guests to sit and chat over a nice cocktail while you prepare a meal.
- Adding an island to your simple kitchen design ideas can allow for additional storage space, extra room to prepare meals, a place to accommodate an extra sink, and even a place to eat a meal.
- A kitchen island is a multi-functional piece of furniture that can be a very practical addition to any kitchen.