Get creative when revamping those tired and overlooked curbside areas. There are an endless variety of unique do it yourself driveway resurfacing designs to choose from.
Step away from boring and outdated landscape trends like pavers for a driveway and instead utilize durable and versatile products like asphalt to infuse fabulous design into your home’s exterior. Asphalt driveways are a wonderful choice because they are inexpensive, require very little maintenance and remain beautiful for many years. The cost of paving a driveway varies widely, depending on the type of material, decorative extras and who performs the asphalt installation.
- Learning how to install a driveway yourself can save you money on pricey professional asphalt contractors.
- Driveway installation provides much more design creativity and cost cutting abilities.
For example, to save a few more dollars, you can even use recycled asphalt when paving it yourself.
Check out our handy driveway cost calculator and landscape trend guide with pictures to begin planning your new diy project. There are countless different types of driveways to choose from utilizing a wide variety of asphalt designs - the challenge is selecting which style is perfect for your yard. You can even combine materials to transform this eyesore into a fabulous design element. For example, install a unique stone paver apron or edge the driveway with decorative brick, then fill the center with recycled asphalt pavement to incorporate the home’s architecture and colors of the landscape.
Similarly, if you have a long driveway and want to amp up design while keeping on budget, border asphalt with raised pavers for a beautiful decorative edge. Breaking up the asphalt surface with unique and unexpected design elements will take your driveway design from ordinary to extraordinary, creating a decorative feature rather than a necessary eyesore.
- Begin your own design process by getting inspired in our popular galleries filled with photos of fabulous decorative driveways using asphalt.
- Paving an asphalt driveway may seem like a daunting diy project, but it is one that will have a dramatic effect on the overall look of your property.
- Choosing the right product type for your home depends on a variety of factors including architectural style, landscape design, weather conditions and driveway specifications.
- Asphalt is a versatile material that works great in most properties and is easy to install yourself.
Like a tarmac driveway, asphalt requires a higher initial cost but drastically outlives many cheaper products. An important step in ensuring that the new asphalt construction remains beautiful and wear-free is sealcoating driveways. Sealing an asphalt driveway prevents cracking and other unsightly damage resulting from frequent use. For more information, check out our collection of helpful driveway sealer reviews to find the perfect product for your property type, décor style and climate conditions. The driveway sealing cost is well worth it as, this quick and easy process will save you big bucks on professional repair and ultimately eliminate the immense price of replacing a driveway in a few years. You can even learn how to seal an asphalt driveway yourself.